Office Essentials to Increase Productivity
Dr. Jordan Sudberg has put together an easy checklist of things to enhance your office space. The list includes items that can help you increase your focus and develop a healthy work-life balance. Some of the top recommendations are noise-canceling headphones and blackout curtains. No matter your business type, his advice is designed for any home or professional office environment. By following these simple steps, you will be more productive in the long run and have more time for relaxation. They make great stocking stuffers for employees too!
Office Essentials to Increase Productivity according to Dr. Jordan Sudberg
1. Noise-canceling headphones: The noise canceling feature of these headphones reduces the amount of noise that enters your ear while you are listening to music or working on the computer. If you work in an open office environment, noise-canceling headphones are a good investment.
2. Telephone: You don’t want to be interrupted when trying to focus! A good headset should allow other people to hear what you say and filter out noisy distractions such as coworkers, children calling, and the phone ringing.
4. Noise-canceling curtains: Taking the summer out of your office can help reduce the distracting cacophony that occurs when everyone is talking in their language (or even worse, without any language).
5. Desk chairs: Choosing the right desk chair is extremely important. If it’s uncomfortable, you are more likely to get distracted and not focus. Make sure to invest in a quality chair with multiple adjustments such as a lumbar support pillow, adjustable armrests and headrest, adjustable back height, and a locking tilt feature that won’t let you swivel around if you are trying to focus.
6. Colorful Post-its: Small, colorful Post-it notes can be a great healthy way to track your to-dos and essential tasks you have. Colors make it easy to read at a glance, and non-disruptive colors such as green help you focus on the task at hand. Print out an entire notebook and add your most essential duties to have a place to keep track of things that cross your mind.
7. Chair: A comfortable chair should allow you to sit straight without pain or discomfort for hours. The back should not be too high nor too low so that you don’t get permanent back pain for hours afterward. The seat should also be easily adjustable without leaving your chair to adjust every time you sit down.
8. Desk organizer: An office organizer can help save you time and provide a means to keep everything in one place. Employers should provide their employees with an office-level desk organizer to better understand their workday and not waste precious time looking for receipts, emails, or other essential documents when trying to focus on the task at hand.
9. Proper lighting is crucial for your office environment as low light levels can disrupt your focus by creating discomfort or fatigue in less than thirty minutes.
According to pain management specialist Dr. Jordan Sudberg, these are some office essentials that will enhance employee productivity!