Every person has their own idea of what a dream wedding should look like! It’s all part the magic of this romantic wedding!
But! However… weddings can be expensive.
Over time, the costs will only increase. It is important to keep in mind that there are a lot of factors to consider, including the venue, the bridal gown, the cake and the honeymoon. Dinner & Entertainment, Wedding Photos to Print and Take and so on.
A lot of newlyweds spend too much money on their wedding plans, and end up in debt. It’s not the best way to begin a relationship!
We’re pleased to share some of our insider tips on organizing your dream wedding on a budget with Imtazur, a Canadian wedding planner.
How much do weddings typically cost?
Imtazur Rahman: Perhaps this will not be a surprise to those who read this, but weddings on budgets are becoming more frequent these daysand the average wedding budget getting lower and lower. For instance just a few years ago, the cost of an average wedding in the United States was $34,000. However, in 2019, that price rose to $28,000. (The average wedding budget was only $19,000).
What takes up the most money in wedding planning?
Imtazur Rahman The venue is usually one of the more expensive. Most venues cost around $10,000 (so that’s around half your budget right there). If the venue provides food tables, drinks chairs, linens and tables the cost could be between $12,000 and $14,000.
Based on the location you decide to hold your wedding ceremony, you may be more costly or less costly on certain dates. Also, think about the size of your guest list. The more guests you have, the more space will be required!
What additional wedding expenses are there to be conscious of?
Imtazur Rahman: Apart from the catering/venue At least three of these can put a dent into the finances of newlyweds.
The Engagement Ring
- Since they serve as the symbol of the partnership Engagement rings can be expensive. Your personal tastes will influence the cost, but you can expect to spend around $5,000 on the majority of engagement rings.
Music & Entertainment
- Beyond the ceremony, the reception is also crucial. It’s all about the entertainment you’re seeking. The cost of a live band is $3,000, while DJs are slightly less at $2,200.
Photography and Videography
- In order to immortalize the memories of your unforgettable day, photos and videos are a must! Professional photography can set you back about $2000, while videography service will cost about $1,000.
What is the most effective advice you can give to a couple planning a wedding within the budget?
Imtazur Rahman: I believe the most difficult thing that brides and grooms have to deal with when planning for their wedding is establishing the reasonable financial budget. I’ve had clients come to me with budgets as low $8,000 to $15,000, and that’s fine. Believe it or not, a wedding is still doable at that price point. They only need to determine whether this budget can be attainable within their expectations.
To put it another way, if you plan your own wedding, make sure that your budget is sufficient to afford the wedding you desire. It is not possible to make your dream wedding happen within any budget. Trust me, it will only result in you spending more. This is why I stress the word “realistic.”
What are the ways that grooms and brides could do to decrease the strain on their wedding spending budget?
Imtazur Rahman – Make concessions whenever you can You don’t have to sacrifice the things you absolutely should have or, at the very least, you don’t need to. You are able to offer concessions (and it could be any thing) Here are the definitions I have for concessions.
- Edit the wedding date Rather than selecting Sunday or Saturday as an instance, you may prefer to hold your wedding during the weekday to save on venue costs.
- Have your wedding and reception in the same place! Venues are among the most costly aspects of hosting an event, you could save up by having just one!
- Limit your guest list! What are the most important guests you must have available for your wedding day? Consider this: The more guests you invite, the more money you’ll need for the wedding (not just to have a larger venue but to also cover the cost of other wedding elements).
- Make your own favors!This is an activity that most of my clients are more than eager to take on — especially as wedding favors are pretty expensive.
I could continue to talk about the various options you have to make in order for your ideal day that works within your budget. But, you know what I mean! Give up things that won’t make the occasion more memorable for you.
Are you looking for last-minute advice to help someone plan an event on a limited budget?
Imtazur: Don’t be afraid to seek assistance! It doesn’t have to be your wedding planner. I’m talking about family and friends! Get them in on it and make it a day that everyone will keep in mind. They’ll be delighted to help you celebrate your special day, I’m certain.
Where can readers find you?
Imtazur Rahman: I have a website that allows you to get expert help planning your special day.