There’s no doubt about it. People are becoming more focused on their health. This movement involves using products found in nature for the benefits they provide.
When it comes to natural products, the coconut is a gift that keeps on giving. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, making it effective in reducing the risk of disease and boosting overall health.
People can take advantage of these benefits by eating the coconut itself or by drinking its milk or water. But coconut also produces an oil that can help boost wellness. Read on to find out more about how coconut oil changed my life.
What is Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is an oil that is extracted from coconut kernels. It is tasteless and colorless.
Structurally speaking, coconut oil is full of fatty acids and proteins that are rich in antioxidants. It is also rich in medium chain fatty acids (MFCAs) like caprylic acid, laurel acid, and capric acid. These MFCAs are easily digestible, and they are quickly converted into energy as opposed to fat.
What are the Health Benefits of Coconut Oil?
But if you really want to know how coconut oil changed my life, that would be due to the health benefits it provides. Here are some of the ways it can help improve your wellness.
- Boosts Good Cholesterol: Adding coconut oil to your diet has been shown to boost good cholesterol levels.
- Good for Blood Sugar and Diabetes: Coconut oil’s ability to boost metabolism and suppress appetite makes it good for weight loss. It also battles insulin resistance. These properties make it recommended in controlling blood sugar and managing diabetes.
- Fights Alzheimer’s: The MFCAs in coconut oil are effective in improving brain function in Alzheimer’s patients.
- Boosts Liver Health: Coconut oil guards against liver damage and has been known to cure urinary tract infections.
- Good for Hair and Skin: Coconut oil can be put directly on hair and skin, working as a natural moisturizer and providing anti-aging properties.
Finding the Right Coconut Oil Products
If you are looking to add coconut oil to your meals or use it in your beauty routine, you want to find a product that is as pure and effective as possible. Here are a few we recommend.
Jarrow Formula’s Coconut Oil Organic: The Jarrow Formula company prides itself in offering award-winning products that are tested for their potency and purity. Their organic coconut oil can be used in solid or liquid form for cooking and baking. It is pressed directly from the coconut and it is solvent free.
NOW Foods Coconut Oil Natural: NOW Foods has been around for about 80 years, and they have established a reputation as a leader in whole foods and natural supplements. Their natural coconut oil can be applied directly to the skin or the scalp to condition and moisturize. It has a great fresh scent, and it is a terrific alternative to other cosmetic products that may contain toxic chemicals.
Coconut oil changed my life, and it can change yours too. Try adding it to your diet and your beauty and skin care routines to see how it works to boost your health and wellness.