Most of us are very happy to see the end of 2020, which saw the arrival of a deadly global pandemic that wreaked havoc with the global economy and if you are already looking forward to your first real holiday since the pandemic, here are a few cool holiday ideas to consider.
- African Safari – While Kenya is undoubtedly to most famous of African nations for safari holidays, Namibia is quickly becoming very popular, due to the amazing natural beauty and the diverse range of wildlife, (you will see the Big 5). Search online for a safari tour organiser that offers custom holiday options and with an English-speaking guide, you will get to appreciate everything so much more. Combine beach with natural reserves and spend a couple of weeks on safari in Namibia, observing the wildlife in its natural habitat.
- 5-Star Luxury Beach Resort in Maldives – If you book one of the beach villas at the Fairmont Maldives, you can live like royalty while experiencing the unique white sands and clear blue seas. Imagine having your very own butler and cordon bleu chef, who will create delicious menus and make your favourite cocktails, while you relax poolside. If you don’t fancy lounging by the pool, there is a diverse range of water sports to keep you entertained and these extras are usually included in the price.
- Charter a Yacht in Phuket – If you have a few friends who would like a holiday of a lifetime, why not get together and charter a yacht? The cost can be shared and when you consider that everything is included, you won’t really need any spending money, plus the boat supplies snorkeling gear, so you can get close up with dolphins and whale sharks, which frequent some parts of the Andaman Sea. Click here for more information about yacht rentals, which is a great way to spend a few weeks. Search online for a yacht chartering firm that is based in Phuket; check out the impressive fleet of catamarans and superyachts that are available and you can discuss your needs with the operator and hopefully strike up a deal for your coming holiday.
- Trans-Siberian Railway – Travel from Moscow to Vladivostok on the epic Trans-Siberian route, which is a truly unique experience that is on everyone’s bucket list. There are quite a few route options, which could include the Mongolian Steppes, where you can immerse yourself in the rugged lifestyle that these amazing people endure. This trip can be best enjoyed from April to September, but if you like the cold weather, why not book a winter trip, which is very romantic and a great way to experience the magical Russian winter.
- Ice Diving in Antarctica – This is an extreme holiday and you would need to have a minimum of 30 dry suit dives under your belt to be accepted on one of the ice-diving expeditions. If you want to take your non-diving partner along, there are lots of land-based activities, with kayak excursions with a seasoned guide and nature observations.
You certainly won’t be alone in your desire to escape to an exotic location and the earlier you make your booking, the better.