Do you get that feeling that you are unable to remember a person’s name, or a particular word, or unable to concentrate on a task? Well, there is a term for it, it’s called brain fog. Brain fog is not a diagnosis, but a general term for such symptoms, say experts at Avanse Nutraceuticals, manufacturers of high-quality brain supplements, like LumUltra.
Some of the functions of the brain impacted by brain fog are:
- The ability to store and recall memories.
- The ability to understand language.
- The ability to understand and process information.
- Spatial and visualization skills needed for recognizing shapes, drawings and navigation.
- Calculating and problem solving.
- Functional abilities needed for organizing and planning.
What Causes Brain Fog?
Some of the possible causes of brain fog are:
- Stress and Anxiety: Being stressed occasionally is normal. But if you constantly feel stressed, anxious or on the edge, it can impact your ability to think clearly. This is because anxiety, stress, and depression are exhausting for our brain.
- Dietary Inflammation: There are certain foods that boost levels of proinflammatory cytokines in the bloodstream and brain. This promotes low-grade inflammation and can lead to a foggy brain. In certain cases, being overweight can also cause inflammation.
- Low Vitamin B12 Levels: Vitamin B12 is one of the most important nutrients for a healthy brain. If you are not getting enough of Vitamin B12, it can cause trouble focusing. In some cases, the problem may be with not eating enough foods with vitamin B12. For others, the issue might be a problem with absorption. Other than problems with focus, weakness and numbness of muscles are also signs of Vitamin B12 deficiency. This is why this vitamin is commonly used in the best brain supplements for adults.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: One of the most common problems for people with chronic fatigue syndrome is brain fog, according to a study published in Frontiers in Physiology. This condition is generally diagnosed after you have at least 6 months of continuous mental and physical fatigue. This leads to problems with focus, memory and thinking.
- Medications: Anticholinergics can also make your brain foggy. These medications work by blocking the effects of a neurotransmitter. This makes it difficult to think and focus properly. Some of the commonly used anticholinergics are oxybutynin, diphenhydramine, and amitriptyline.
Some other causes of brain fog can be Alzheimer’s disease, lack of sleep, and multiple sclerosis.
How to Combat Brain Fog?
One of the best ways of combating brain fog is by using the best memory and focus supplements. One of the best brain supplements for brain fog is LumUltra. The supplement contains ingredients such as Vitamin B12, l-tyrosine, Noopept and phosphatidylserine, all of which help with focus and reduce brain fog. The pills also contain panax ginseng, which can help patients with Alzheimer’s disease, according to a study published in Nutritional Neuroscience. It also has ginkgo biloba and alpha GPC, which makes it one of the best pills for memory loss.
Another thing that makes LumUltra, one of the best over-the-counter medications for focus and concentration is quality control. The supplement is made in FDA approved laboratories, by a GMP certified manufacturer.