Meet Korynn Newville, a dynamic artist, designer, and environmental activist. With a master’s degree in architecture from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and a Bachelor of Design from the University of Minnesota, she is a rising star in the field of architectural design. Korynn’s unwavering commitment to sustainable building practices shines through in her professional projects, where she ingeniously transforms common construction materials into breathtaking works of art. Fuelled by her belief in the power of imagination to solve problems, Korynn’s captivating drawings serve as her voice, telling stories that connect her passion for the environment with her writing pursuits. Her new book is a masterpiece to behold and we had to get to know her better.
- What would be a good theme song for your life? – 1 theme song! That is tough. I’d have to go with the Amazon Production start-up song. Not really a song, but I like that it’s building up all the pieces of the buildings. It’s implying that it takes work for these productions, but the viewer is going to get something new and great.
- What would you name your boat if you had one? – The Golden Child. I have two older brothers and we are always throwing around who the actual child is. Of course, no one ever wins, but an amazing boat for all of us to share would definitely win. My husband and I do have a boat, a small fishing boat, we call it the bathtub because it’s as if we put a bathtub in the water and plugged the drain.
- Which fictional character would be the most exciting to meet in real life? – Minions, all of them. I just think that it will be a very fun day. Also, they could get into some trouble, but they seem like they would be good best friends to have.
- What is the best/worst purchase you’ve ever made? – Ice roller for your face, hurts so good.
- What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults? – Tough one, I hate passive aggressive which is the entire state of Minnesota where I am from. Could it be a telling sign why I left?
- What’s a body part that you wouldn’t mind losing? – ? The other day I heard from someone that we have two kidneys just in case someone else might need one. I’d lose a kidney to save someone.
- What’s your biggest screw-up in the kitchen? – Ooof, I think mine is only relatable to people with allergies. I have EoE (Eosinophilic Esophagitis) and I’m allergic to a lot of foods. Nothing makes me lose my marbles more than when I cook a meal, only to realize I accidentally used something I’m allergic to or the recipe calls for something I don’t have to substitute with. You may be wondering, you are allergic, how do you manage that? I’m just human and forget, it’s strange. Something I am so fearful of, and I forgot to triple check things sometimes.
- What’s the worst commercial you’ve recently seen? – I feel like there are a lot of bad ones because I can’t think of any, which means none of them are memorable.
- Q. Movie or TV Series? – Movie, it was to be a really good series to keep my attention span. If it is really good, they take up too much of my time!
- Q. Long walk or long car ride? – A long car ride going far away to lead to a long walk
- Q. Comedy or Drama? – Comedy! Nothing beats laughing and being silly.
- Q. The city or the country? – ? Grass is always greener, I live in a rural mountain town, so I crave the city. I lived in Chicago and craved mountains. I’m 50/50 and it’s annoying.
- Q. Baking or Cooking? Baking!
- Q. Margarita or Cosmo? Margarita all the way.
- Q. Holding a Puppy or Holding a Baby? Puppy, I have two.
- Q. invisibility cloak or sparking skin? Invisibility cloak but could be persuaded if I knew what sparking skin was.